This privacy statement documents how Saul Levitt, trading as Intuitive Health, complies with UK and European Union data protection requirements. It applies to the website and the client booking process. We may change this privacy statement from time to time, therefore, please continue to check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What we will collect
We may collect the following information:
- For enquiries we collect name and contact details and the health condition you are looking for help with
- Upon client consultations we may collect name, contact details, details of your doctor for emergencies only, a brief medical history, medication you are on and key information about your current personal circumstances. This information is helpful in the therapeutic sessions and also allows us to monitor clients level of symptoms at the start, during and at the end of the therapy.
- During therapy sessions, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, lifestyle, health conditions and wellbeing – this is to ensure we deliver the best service to you – this information will not be disclosed or used for any marketing purposes.
- Testimonials from clients based on their experience of the therapy. This is done on a voluntary basis.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond appropriately to enquiries
- Internal customer record management
- To improve our products and services.
- To follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to people who have received a treatment as part of ensuring excellent customer care.
- We may also communicate by email, mobile message or phone about a specific booking, session follow up or in response to an enquiry via our website under legitimate interest.
- We will not add you to a mailing list without seeking prior consent.
- Where a client provides a testimonial, we will use this ongoing for marketing purposes.
When possible, Saul Levitt trading as Intuitive Health, will advise clients of confidentiality and the importance it has on the individual counselling sessions. Any discussions during counselling sessions will be strictly confidential.
If your sessions are paid for or arranged via a third party, eg a friend, partner, spouse or family member, other than payment requests, invoices or receipts, clients (person receiving counselling) counselling information will not be shared unless you provide consent to do so where we jointly agree that it will be beneficial to do so. If your sessions are paid for or arranged via your employer, company, charity or organisation the only information that will be shared is payment requests, invoices, receipts and confirmation that your counselling sessions are taking place. Details about what is discussed in your sessions remain confidential between you and your Counsellor. Any other information can only be shared with the consent of the client (person receiving counselling).
The Counsellor will receive Supervision from a qualified supervisor will always protect your identity. All work is to the highest ethical standards. Intuitive Health will only disclose information if necessary, for eg. if the person either Counsellor or client is at risk of harm we are then required by ethics to seek advice and guidance from other professionals. We would, of course, try to discuss this beforehand with you to obtain your consent.
We may also disclose information if there is a suspected case of child abuse or alleged child abuse, known or suspected case of adult or elder abuse. If a Counsellor receives information, regarding a proposed or actual act of terrorism, he/she is required to share this with the police. Upon receipt of a subpoena, from a judge in a UK court of law, your Counsellor will be bound by British Law to release any information.
Deleting your information
Client records and session notes are retained for 5 years. This is based on our past experience of client returning within this time frame. However, if you would like those details to be removed before the 5 years please contact your Counsellor directly to make that request, we ask that you allow 14 days for that request to be fulfilled.
We will hold client testimonials indefinitely unless a client requests we remove it or at the time of consent tells us how long they provide consent for.
Intuitive Health uses a site wide secure certificate protecting the information that is collected. All email and contact forms are encrypted. All telephone calls are confidential. Furthermore:
- All email accounts are password protected. If you send an email to your Counsellor’s email address, only they will have access to it.
- VoIP and Telephone sessions are never recorded or done so with your consent where is is helpful to provide a copy to the client.
- All phones, tablets, laptops, or storage devices required to conduct or aid Counselling sessions have anti-virus and/or password protected locks.
The new GDPR legislation has improved your rights. We will consider any right you wish to exercise and do our best to comply. These new rights fall into the following categories:
Sharing your information
We will never sell or share your information with any other organisation for marketing purposes. We will only share your information:
- If we are required to do so by law
- For our partners to provide services we cannot deliver inhouse, such mailing houses or IT specialists. We only choose partners we can trust who abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
The right to be informed – How your information is stored and used
The right of access – A Subject Access Request
The right to rectification – Correcting any information deemed incorrect
The right to erasure – Removal from database
The right to restrict processing – Permission to store but not to process data
The right to data portability – It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily
The right to object – Example; processing based on legitimate interests
Rights to automated decision making – The right NOT to be subject to a decision
Please follow the link – Find out more from the ICO – for full details.
Right to complain
You also have the right to complain by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly (which is the national data protection authority in the UK). We’d also appreciate your feedback.
You may change your mind about the permission you have given us to use your personal information at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com or writing to: Intuitive Health, 13 Meadow Gardens, Edgware, HA8 9LQ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, or would like to receive a printed version, please call us on: 07789 383 197